Therapeutic Family Life (TFL), a Christian-based, private non-profit foster care agency, places abused, neglected and hurting children in therapeutic foster homes, which ensure that the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of the foster children are being served. We accept dependent, abused, neglected, adjudicated, delinquent, maladjusted and hurting children ages from birth through eighteen in our Therapeutic Foster Care Homes, and Foster Group Homes.
Becoming a Foster ParentIf you would like to look into becoming a foster parent or an adoptive parent, or do respite work with foster children, follow the steps below. Our foster care agencies are located in Arlington, Austin, Houston, Nederland, San Antonio, and Temple.
Email us and request an application packet or download the forms below The Application needs to be filled out for each foster parent; the Questionnaire, Health Status Form, Affidavit, and Consent for Criminal History Check need to be filled out by each individual.
- Foster Parent Application
- Health Status Form
- Consent for Criminal History Check (Foster Parent Applicants, All Household Members, and All Frequent Visitors)
- FAST PASS (Foster Parent Applicants and All Household Members)
- Family Violence Disclosure
Copy these items and send the copies to us with your application packet.
- Driver's license
- Social Security card
- TB test (Foster Parent Applicants and All Household Members)
- Auto insurance
- Home insurance
- CPR training card (Foster parent applicants only)
- First Aid training card (Foster parent applicants only)
- Birth Certificates (Foster Parent and All Household Members)
- Marriage/Divorce Certificate
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate
- Pet Vaccinations
Step 3: (Foster Parent Applicants only):
Arrange either with us or a foster family you know to observe a therapeutic level foster family, and fill out observation form.
Contact your local office and we will arrange for your training. After attending training, we will conduct a homestudy.
Contact one of our Foster Home Developers in your area.
For more information about becoming a foster parent in Texas, click here.